Here are a few ways to get started.
- Hire. Talent comes in all forms. Encourage your organization to hire for skills and talent over degree and pedigree. You can also create programs that help talented, motivated job seekers secure lasting employment.
- Volunteer. Just one 30-minute volunteer mock interview session can have more impact than you think. Explore volunteer opportunities at organizations in your region that help people find, prepare for, and keep thriving-wage careers.
- Be a mentor. Lending your time and expertise to guide a job seeker from a nontraditional background can be an invaluable experience for everyone involved.
- Spread the word. Share your workforce development stories on social media using the hashtag #opportunityonramps. Together, we can make a real impact.
Want even more resources on enacting change? Subscribe to our email list to get information about:
- Connecting in-demand job opportunities with individuals who face barriers to employment
- Developing the Opportunity Onramps movement within your organization
- Personal stories and testimonials
- What’s happening in the Opportunity Onramps community
Together, we can help create economic opportunity for all.